Baseball’s investigation into the Dodgers goes beyond finances

Jun 16, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT

Frank McCourt AP

Bill Shaikin reports today that, while Major League Baseball’s investigation into the Dodgers was initially intended to focus on team finances, it has expanded into matters pertaining to security at Dodger Stadium and interviews of former team executives.

The security angle interests me the most in light of the lawsuit brought by the family of Bryan Stow following his beating on Opening Day.  If Major League Baseball has a concern over team security measures — and if they kick up some damning information and/or make any kind of findings about the inadequacy of stadium security — it would certainly aid that lawsuit.

In other news, Frank and Jamie are back in divorce court today, so that should give the AP and Getty photographers a chance to take some more pictures of them. Which is good, because I’m getting a little tired of going back and forth between my “sad sack Frank” pic (above) and my “angry, defiant Frank” pic, as seen here.

1. kopy - Jun 16, 2011 at 10:54 AM

I’m glad I’m not the only one getting bored with the standard McCourt images. This one with his one eye half-closed and grumpy expression has worn out on me, even though I loved it to begin with.

• cur68 - Jun 16, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Looks like a he’s had a stroke in that shot. What IS up with that lazy lid thing he has there? Ptosis or has he had a stroke?

• Jonny 5 - Jun 16, 2011 at 1:21 PM

He’s trying to count the zeros on his latest loan application. That’s all.

• lanflfan - Jun 16, 2011 at 4:24 PM

The only picture of this clown I want to see is a giant Dodger blue boot kicking his worthless arse back to Boston.

2. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jun 16, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Here, use this one:
    [image]http://www.ifastfwd.info/sports/wp-content/plugins/rss-poster/cache/c29de_los_110421_Jackson_on_Dodgers.jpg[/image]

3. xmatt0926x - Jun 16, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Can’t we just press the fast forward button of life to the inevitable loss of the team by McCourt instead of having to go through all these “investigations”? I’m guessing Mark Cuban puts on those fake glasses with the bushy eyebrows and big nose and rolls in with $800 million in cash and just buys the whole damn thing. By the time Selig notices that the nose looks kind of strange it’s too late and Cuban is entrenched and the baseball world lives happily ever after.

4. royalsfaninfargo - Jun 16, 2011 at 2:27 PM

This guy makes Donald Sterling of the Clippers look like a nice guy!

5. jwbiii - Jun 16, 2011 at 3:07 PM

No love for the threesome pic?

Colby-on-Colby crime in Toronto