Jun 16, 2011, 8:23 PM EDT
Hanson, 24, has enjoyed a dominant start to the 2011 season, sporting a 2.48 ERA and 89 strikeouts through his first 83 1/3 innings. The Braves are going to evaluate him over the next two days before deciding if he’s better off heading to the disabled list. For now, everything sounds minor and precautionary.
The Braves will promote pitching prospect Randall Delgado from Double-A Mississippi to start Friday in Hanson’s place. A 21-year-old righty from Panama, Delgado has registered a 3.54 ERA and 64/26 K/BB ratio in 73 2/3 innings of work at the Double-A level this season. Baseball America ranked him as the game’s 35th-best prospect earlier this year.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11