Jun 16, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
This is kinda freaky: Pirates catcher Chris Snyder, his wife and his kids were in the car yesterday. Snyder just had back surgery last week and his wife was driving. She apparently cut off a guy on a scooter — or at least the guy on the scooter thought so — so he followed them to a gas station and went crazy on Snyder’s wife, first yelling and screaming at her and then hitting and kicking her car and then trying to take a swing at her.
Snyder himself was immobile– again, back surgery — but a Good Samaritan stepped in and helped subdue the unhinged gentleman. Wasn’t easy, though: he bit, punched and kicked the Samaritan and also went after the off-duty cop who stepped in as well. The guy is probably lucky that Snyder couldn’t jump into the fray seeing that he’s 6’4″ and an easy 250.
The lesson here: people on scooters are evil and should be eradicated from the Earth.
- Report: Mets “pushing very hard” for Carlos Gomez 9
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 38
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 66
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)