Jun 16, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
This is kinda freaky: Pirates catcher Chris Snyder, his wife and his kids were in the car yesterday. Snyder just had back surgery last week and his wife was driving. She apparently cut off a guy on a scooter — or at least the guy on the scooter thought so — so he followed them to a gas station and went crazy on Snyder’s wife, first yelling and screaming at her and then hitting and kicking her car and then trying to take a swing at her.
Snyder himself was immobile– again, back surgery — but a Good Samaritan stepped in and helped subdue the unhinged gentleman. Wasn’t easy, though: he bit, punched and kicked the Samaritan and also went after the off-duty cop who stepped in as well. The guy is probably lucky that Snyder couldn’t jump into the fray seeing that he’s 6’4″ and an easy 250.
The lesson here: people on scooters are evil and should be eradicated from the Earth.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)