Jun 16, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
This is kinda freaky: Pirates catcher Chris Snyder, his wife and his kids were in the car yesterday. Snyder just had back surgery last week and his wife was driving. She apparently cut off a guy on a scooter — or at least the guy on the scooter thought so — so he followed them to a gas station and went crazy on Snyder’s wife, first yelling and screaming at her and then hitting and kicking her car and then trying to take a swing at her.
Snyder himself was immobile– again, back surgery — but a Good Samaritan stepped in and helped subdue the unhinged gentleman. Wasn’t easy, though: he bit, punched and kicked the Samaritan and also went after the off-duty cop who stepped in as well. The guy is probably lucky that Snyder couldn’t jump into the fray seeing that he’s 6’4″ and an easy 250.
The lesson here: people on scooters are evil and should be eradicated from the Earth.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 20
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)