Jun 16, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
This is kinda freaky: Pirates catcher Chris Snyder, his wife and his kids were in the car yesterday. Snyder just had back surgery last week and his wife was driving. She apparently cut off a guy on a scooter — or at least the guy on the scooter thought so — so he followed them to a gas station and went crazy on Snyder’s wife, first yelling and screaming at her and then hitting and kicking her car and then trying to take a swing at her.
Snyder himself was immobile– again, back surgery — but a Good Samaritan stepped in and helped subdue the unhinged gentleman. Wasn’t easy, though: he bit, punched and kicked the Samaritan and also went after the off-duty cop who stepped in as well. The guy is probably lucky that Snyder couldn’t jump into the fray seeing that he’s 6’4″ and an easy 250.
The lesson here: people on scooters are evil and should be eradicated from the Earth.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)