Jun 16, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
This is kinda freaky: Pirates catcher Chris Snyder, his wife and his kids were in the car yesterday. Snyder just had back surgery last week and his wife was driving. She apparently cut off a guy on a scooter — or at least the guy on the scooter thought so — so he followed them to a gas station and went crazy on Snyder’s wife, first yelling and screaming at her and then hitting and kicking her car and then trying to take a swing at her.
Snyder himself was immobile– again, back surgery — but a Good Samaritan stepped in and helped subdue the unhinged gentleman. Wasn’t easy, though: he bit, punched and kicked the Samaritan and also went after the off-duty cop who stepped in as well. The guy is probably lucky that Snyder couldn’t jump into the fray seeing that he’s 6’4″ and an easy 250.
The lesson here: people on scooters are evil and should be eradicated from the Earth.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)