Jun 16, 2011, 9:50 PM EDT
Peavy just finished up, and it was a beauty. The right-hander struck out nine batters over six scoreless innings, allowing just two hits and issuing no walks against the Nationals’ Triple-A affiliate.
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen suggested Wednesday that Peavy might need more than one rehab outing, but he cruised tonight and could land back in the major leagues as early as next week.
Peavy, 30, has posted a 4.66 ERA, 20/4 K/BB ratio and 0.99 WHIP in five big league starts this season.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination