Jun 16, 2011, 9:50 PM EST
Peavy just finished up, and it was a beauty. The right-hander struck out nine batters over six scoreless innings, allowing just two hits and issuing no walks against the Nationals’ Triple-A affiliate.
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen suggested Wednesday that Peavy might need more than one rehab outing, but he cruised tonight and could land back in the major leagues as early as next week.
Peavy, 30, has posted a 4.66 ERA, 20/4 K/BB ratio and 0.99 WHIP in five big league starts this season.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (256)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)