Jun 16, 2011, 9:50 PM EDT
Peavy just finished up, and it was a beauty. The right-hander struck out nine batters over six scoreless innings, allowing just two hits and issuing no walks against the Nationals’ Triple-A affiliate.
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen suggested Wednesday that Peavy might need more than one rehab outing, but he cruised tonight and could land back in the major leagues as early as next week.
Peavy, 30, has posted a 4.66 ERA, 20/4 K/BB ratio and 0.99 WHIP in five big league starts this season.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)