Jun 16, 2011, 9:50 PM EDT
Peavy just finished up, and it was a beauty. The right-hander struck out nine batters over six scoreless innings, allowing just two hits and issuing no walks against the Nationals’ Triple-A affiliate.
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen suggested Wednesday that Peavy might need more than one rehab outing, but he cruised tonight and could land back in the major leagues as early as next week.
Peavy, 30, has posted a 4.66 ERA, 20/4 K/BB ratio and 0.99 WHIP in five big league starts this season.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)