Jun 16, 2011, 9:50 PM EDT
Peavy just finished up, and it was a beauty. The right-hander struck out nine batters over six scoreless innings, allowing just two hits and issuing no walks against the Nationals’ Triple-A affiliate.
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen suggested Wednesday that Peavy might need more than one rehab outing, but he cruised tonight and could land back in the major leagues as early as next week.
Peavy, 30, has posted a 4.66 ERA, 20/4 K/BB ratio and 0.99 WHIP in five big league starts this season.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)