Jun 16, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Hey Tom Rickketts! What do you think of the general manager who put together this abomination of a Cubs roster?
Ricketts said he has “100 percent confidence” in Jim Hendry, though he didn’t quite guarantee that the general manager will finish out the final year of his contract through the 2012 season. “We’ll see what the offseason looks (like),” Ricketts said. “(But) I’m pretty happy (and) I’m comfortable with Jim. I’m confident in his ability to keep us moving forward.”
You can see video of his comments and a more in-depth story about the situation facing Hendry and the Cubs by Patrick Mooney over at CSN Chicago.
At some point storylines are inevitable that there’s not much worth saying about them. All I will offer at this point is that, based on how these things usually go, Hendry is probably a dead man walking.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 28
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 44
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 46
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 39
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)