Jun 16, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Hey Tom Rickketts! What do you think of the general manager who put together this abomination of a Cubs roster?
Ricketts said he has “100 percent confidence” in Jim Hendry, though he didn’t quite guarantee that the general manager will finish out the final year of his contract through the 2012 season. “We’ll see what the offseason looks (like),” Ricketts said. “(But) I’m pretty happy (and) I’m comfortable with Jim. I’m confident in his ability to keep us moving forward.”
You can see video of his comments and a more in-depth story about the situation facing Hendry and the Cubs by Patrick Mooney over at CSN Chicago.
At some point storylines are inevitable that there’s not much worth saying about them. All I will offer at this point is that, based on how these things usually go, Hendry is probably a dead man walking.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 54
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)