Jun 16, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
Hey Tom Rickketts! What do you think of the general manager who put together this abomination of a Cubs roster?
Ricketts said he has “100 percent confidence” in Jim Hendry, though he didn’t quite guarantee that the general manager will finish out the final year of his contract through the 2012 season. “We’ll see what the offseason looks (like),” Ricketts said. “(But) I’m pretty happy (and) I’m comfortable with Jim. I’m confident in his ability to keep us moving forward.”
You can see video of his comments and a more in-depth story about the situation facing Hendry and the Cubs by Patrick Mooney over at CSN Chicago.
At some point storylines are inevitable that there’s not much worth saying about them. All I will offer at this point is that, based on how these things usually go, Hendry is probably a dead man walking.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)