Jun 16, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Hey Tom Rickketts! What do you think of the general manager who put together this abomination of a Cubs roster?
Ricketts said he has “100 percent confidence” in Jim Hendry, though he didn’t quite guarantee that the general manager will finish out the final year of his contract through the 2012 season. “We’ll see what the offseason looks (like),” Ricketts said. “(But) I’m pretty happy (and) I’m comfortable with Jim. I’m confident in his ability to keep us moving forward.”
You can see video of his comments and a more in-depth story about the situation facing Hendry and the Cubs by Patrick Mooney over at CSN Chicago.
At some point storylines are inevitable that there’s not much worth saying about them. All I will offer at this point is that, based on how these things usually go, Hendry is probably a dead man walking.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 4
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 36
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires