Jun 16, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
If you have tickets or plan on vegging in front of the Brewers-Red Sox game on Saturday, beware: the original 1:10 PM start time has been moved to 7 PM due to the Boston Bruins victory parade. This has probably long been in the contingency plans for city planners, but they had to translate the original “Bruins championship celebration procedures” manual from the hieroglyphs in which it is printed.
Oh, and if you care any more about the Bruins and the Red Sox than this, you may find this little bit about Dan Shaughnessy’s 2011 Stanley Cup/2004 World Series story a little amusing. But hey, if John Fogarty can get accused of plagiarizing himself, so can a sportswriter.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)