Jun 16, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
If you have tickets or plan on vegging in front of the Brewers-Red Sox game on Saturday, beware: the original 1:10 PM start time has been moved to 7 PM due to the Boston Bruins victory parade. This has probably long been in the contingency plans for city planners, but they had to translate the original “Bruins championship celebration procedures” manual from the hieroglyphs in which it is printed.
Oh, and if you care any more about the Bruins and the Red Sox than this, you may find this little bit about Dan Shaughnessy’s 2011 Stanley Cup/2004 World Series story a little amusing. But hey, if John Fogarty can get accused of plagiarizing himself, so can a sportswriter.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)