Jun 16, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
If you have tickets or plan on vegging in front of the Brewers-Red Sox game on Saturday, beware: the original 1:10 PM start time has been moved to 7 PM due to the Boston Bruins victory parade. This has probably long been in the contingency plans for city planners, but they had to translate the original “Bruins championship celebration procedures” manual from the hieroglyphs in which it is printed.
Oh, and if you care any more about the Bruins and the Red Sox than this, you may find this little bit about Dan Shaughnessy’s 2011 Stanley Cup/2004 World Series story a little amusing. But hey, if John Fogarty can get accused of plagiarizing himself, so can a sportswriter.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)