Jun 16, 2011, 5:40 PM EST
If you have tickets or plan on vegging in front of the Brewers-Red Sox game on Saturday, beware: the original 1:10 PM start time has been moved to 7 PM due to the Boston Bruins victory parade. This has probably long been in the contingency plans for city planners, but they had to translate the original “Bruins championship celebration procedures” manual from the hieroglyphs in which it is printed.
Oh, and if you care any more about the Bruins and the Red Sox than this, you may find this little bit about Dan Shaughnessy’s 2011 Stanley Cup/2004 World Series story a little amusing. But hey, if John Fogarty can get accused of plagiarizing himself, so can a sportswriter.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 43
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 168
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)