Jun 16, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
If you have tickets or plan on vegging in front of the Brewers-Red Sox game on Saturday, beware: the original 1:10 PM start time has been moved to 7 PM due to the Boston Bruins victory parade. This has probably long been in the contingency plans for city planners, but they had to translate the original “Bruins championship celebration procedures” manual from the hieroglyphs in which it is printed.
Oh, and if you care any more about the Bruins and the Red Sox than this, you may find this little bit about Dan Shaughnessy’s 2011 Stanley Cup/2004 World Series story a little amusing. But hey, if John Fogarty can get accused of plagiarizing himself, so can a sportswriter.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)