Jun 16, 2011, 8:47 AM EDT
Today: he’s up, called up from Tacoma.
Ackley was hitting .300 and getting on base at a .418 clip through 326 plate appearances, and adding some power (.487 SLG) to boot. His not being promoted before now was almost certainly a function of Super Two calculation, but you’ll have that. He should likely be plugged right in the Mariners’ lineup, giving it a bit of OBP and doubles power that it sorely lacks at the moment.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 21
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)