Jun 16, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
Tsuyoshi Nishioka was back in Minnesota’s lineup today for the first time since breaking his leg on April 7 and after finishing off a two-game sweep of the White Sox the Twins activated Joe Mauer and Glen Perkins from the disabled list as well.
Mauer has been out since mid-April, but because of the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the strength of his surgically repaired knee the Twins have decided to keep three catchers on the roster for a while. Instead of demoting Drew Butera or Rene Rivera, they outrighted career minor leaguer Brian Dinkelman back to Triple-A.
Chuck James was also optioned to Triple-A to make room in the bullpen for Perkins, who was emerging as the Twins’ most reliable reliever before suffering an oblique injury last month.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 14
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54