Jun 16, 2011, 4:46 PM EDT
Tsuyoshi Nishioka was back in Minnesota’s lineup today for the first time since breaking his leg on April 7 and after finishing off a two-game sweep of the White Sox the Twins activated Joe Mauer and Glen Perkins from the disabled list as well.
Mauer has been out since mid-April, but because of the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the strength of his surgically repaired knee the Twins have decided to keep three catchers on the roster for a while. Instead of demoting Drew Butera or Rene Rivera, they outrighted career minor leaguer Brian Dinkelman back to Triple-A.
Chuck James was also optioned to Triple-A to make room in the bullpen for Perkins, who was emerging as the Twins’ most reliable reliever before suffering an oblique injury last month.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona