Jun 16, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
I linked yesterday to an Entertainment Tonight video showing a few brief scenes from the upcoming Moneyball movie and opined that it didn’t exactly make me excited about the film, but today an official trailer for the movie was released and in addition to being a whole lot longer at two-plus minutes it also looks a whole lot better.
Still some stuff that seems awfully silly if you’ve read the book or are simply a knowledgeable baseball fan, but if you suspend reality a bit and think of the whole thing as a Major League-style story about an underdog team of misfits and toss in Brad Pitt doing all sorts of Brad Pitt-like things playing general manager Billy Beane it might be decent. See for yourself:
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (93)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)