Jun 16, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
I linked yesterday to an Entertainment Tonight video showing a few brief scenes from the upcoming Moneyball movie and opined that it didn’t exactly make me excited about the film, but today an official trailer for the movie was released and in addition to being a whole lot longer at two-plus minutes it also looks a whole lot better.
Still some stuff that seems awfully silly if you’ve read the book or are simply a knowledgeable baseball fan, but if you suspend reality a bit and think of the whole thing as a Major League-style story about an underdog team of misfits and toss in Brad Pitt doing all sorts of Brad Pitt-like things playing general manager Billy Beane it might be decent. See for yourself:
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead