Jun 17, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
9:08 AM: Jed Lowrie, who has been bothered by a left shoulder injury since colliding with teammate Carl Crawford on May 29, could be headed for the disabled list after leaving last night’s game in the first inning.
According to Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald, Lowrie told Red Sox manager Terry Francona that he feared the joint “slipped out” of his shoulder when he struck out against Rays lefty David Price with the bases loaded.
“I don’t really know what’s going on,” Lowrie said. “I just know what I felt. I certainly wasn’t this sore (previously).”
Lowrie underwent an MRI last week which revealed no structural damage in the shoulder. He is expected to undergo further testing today to determine why he continues to have discomfort.
While Lowrie was the best thing since sliced bread in April, he is batting just .128 since the collision with Crawford. He is hitless over his last 15 at-bats, which has pulled his batting average down to .270 for the year.
Drew Sutton was pulled after seven innings in last night’s game with Triple-A Pawtucket, which could be an indication that a roster move is on the way.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 0
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 60
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 31
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)