Jun 17, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
What’s this? Good news for the Dodgers’ bullpen? I don’t believe it.
Joe Block of 790 KABC in Los Angeles reports that Broxton threw about 22 pitches in a simulated game earlier today. Ned Colletti estimated last week that Broxton was on track to return sometime in July, so the big right-hander will likely need to make it through several appearances in the minors.
Broxton has been on the disabled list since May 4 with a bone bruise on his right elbow. He has a 5.68 ERA and 10/9 K/BB ratio over his first 12 2/3 innings this season.
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 2
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 57
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 24
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 54
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 161
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (161)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)