Jun 17, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
What’s this? Good news for the Dodgers’ bullpen? I don’t believe it.
Joe Block of 790 KABC in Los Angeles reports that Broxton threw about 22 pitches in a simulated game earlier today. Ned Colletti estimated last week that Broxton was on track to return sometime in July, so the big right-hander will likely need to make it through several appearances in the minors.
Broxton has been on the disabled list since May 4 with a bone bruise on his right elbow. He has a 5.68 ERA and 10/9 K/BB ratio over his first 12 2/3 innings this season.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)