Jun 17, 2011, 9:30 PM EST
What’s this? Good news for the Dodgers’ bullpen? I don’t believe it.
Joe Block of 790 KABC in Los Angeles reports that Broxton threw about 22 pitches in a simulated game earlier today. Ned Colletti estimated last week that Broxton was on track to return sometime in July, so the big right-hander will likely need to make it through several appearances in the minors.
Broxton has been on the disabled list since May 4 with a bone bruise on his right elbow. He has a 5.68 ERA and 10/9 K/BB ratio over his first 12 2/3 innings this season.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 63
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)