Jun 17, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
What’s this? Good news for the Dodgers’ bullpen? I don’t believe it.
Joe Block of 790 KABC in Los Angeles reports that Broxton threw about 22 pitches in a simulated game earlier today. Ned Colletti estimated last week that Broxton was on track to return sometime in July, so the big right-hander will likely need to make it through several appearances in the minors.
Broxton has been on the disabled list since May 4 with a bone bruise on his right elbow. He has a 5.68 ERA and 10/9 K/BB ratio over his first 12 2/3 innings this season.
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 6
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 18
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 36
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 58
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (108)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings