Jun 18, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT
Brian Matusz left his start against the Nationals this afternoon in the sixth inning with left hamstring cramps, reports Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun. Fortunately for the Orioles, the young left-hander is considered day-to-day.
Matusz allowed four runs on six hits (including two long homers to Ryan Zimmerman and Michael Morse) over 5 1/3 innings before leaving the game. He struck out five and walked three while throwing 52 out of 90 pitches for strikes.
Matusz missed the first two months of the season with a strained intercostal muscle. Including today’s outing, he has a 5.60 ERA and 11/9 K/BB ratio over his first four starts.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 19
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 19
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)