Jun 18, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT
Brian Matusz left his start against the Nationals this afternoon in the sixth inning with left hamstring cramps, reports Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun. Fortunately for the Orioles, the young left-hander is considered day-to-day.
Matusz allowed four runs on six hits (including two long homers to Ryan Zimmerman and Michael Morse) over 5 1/3 innings before leaving the game. He struck out five and walked three while throwing 52 out of 90 pitches for strikes.
Matusz missed the first two months of the season with a strained intercostal muscle. Including today’s outing, he has a 5.60 ERA and 11/9 K/BB ratio over his first four starts.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)