Jun 18, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT
Brian Matusz left his start against the Nationals this afternoon in the sixth inning with left hamstring cramps, reports Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun. Fortunately for the Orioles, the young left-hander is considered day-to-day.
Matusz allowed four runs on six hits (including two long homers to Ryan Zimmerman and Michael Morse) over 5 1/3 innings before leaving the game. He struck out five and walked three while throwing 52 out of 90 pitches for strikes.
Matusz missed the first two months of the season with a strained intercostal muscle. Including today’s outing, he has a 5.60 ERA and 11/9 K/BB ratio over his first four starts.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)