Jun 18, 2011, 3:32 PM EST
Brian Matusz left his start against the Nationals this afternoon in the sixth inning with left hamstring cramps, reports Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun. Fortunately for the Orioles, the young left-hander is considered day-to-day.
Matusz allowed four runs on six hits (including two long homers to Ryan Zimmerman and Michael Morse) over 5 1/3 innings before leaving the game. He struck out five and walked three while throwing 52 out of 90 pitches for strikes.
Matusz missed the first two months of the season with a strained intercostal muscle. Including today’s outing, he has a 5.60 ERA and 11/9 K/BB ratio over his first four starts.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (118)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)