Jun 18, 2011, 3:32 PM EST
Brian Matusz left his start against the Nationals this afternoon in the sixth inning with left hamstring cramps, reports Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun. Fortunately for the Orioles, the young left-hander is considered day-to-day.
Matusz allowed four runs on six hits (including two long homers to Ryan Zimmerman and Michael Morse) over 5 1/3 innings before leaving the game. He struck out five and walked three while throwing 52 out of 90 pitches for strikes.
Matusz missed the first two months of the season with a strained intercostal muscle. Including today’s outing, he has a 5.60 ERA and 11/9 K/BB ratio over his first four starts.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)