Jun 18, 2011, 12:54 PM EDT
Colby Lewis struck out 10 while allowing two runs over 6 2/3 innings in a 6-2 win over the Braves last night. He also made one of the best plays you’ll see this year.
MLB.com usually makes you wait a day or two to embed video (you know, because people don’t have short attention spans these days) so you’ll have to click on this link to see it. I promise you, it’s worth it.
Perhaps the best part is when Lewis walks off the field like it’s business as usual. You can see how he’s trying his hardest to fight off a smile like, “Did I really just do that?”
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 228
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (228)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (103)