Jun 18, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Wizards point guard John Wall had the opportunity to throw out the first pitch at Nats Park before last night’s interleague matchup between the Orioles and Nationals. And…it didn’t go very well.
In fact, you could even say that Wall had a temporary, yet acute case of Mariah Carey-itis.
Here’s the unfortunate video evidence, courtesy of our friends at CSNWashington.com:
Ouch. While this was one of the worst first pitches in recent memory, at least Wall had a sense of humor about the whole thing. He later tweeted the following:
Meant it was fun throwing out the first pitch at the Nats game…Even though I threw a bounce pass like it was a basketball!!!
By the way, if you experience any symptoms of Mariah Carey-itis, consult your doctor. Don’t look it up on WebMD, though. You’ll just freak yourself out.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)