Jun 18, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Wizards point guard John Wall had the opportunity to throw out the first pitch at Nats Park before last night’s interleague matchup between the Orioles and Nationals. And…it didn’t go very well.
In fact, you could even say that Wall had a temporary, yet acute case of Mariah Carey-itis.
Here’s the unfortunate video evidence, courtesy of our friends at CSNWashington.com:
Ouch. While this was one of the worst first pitches in recent memory, at least Wall had a sense of humor about the whole thing. He later tweeted the following:
Meant it was fun throwing out the first pitch at the Nats game…Even though I threw a bounce pass like it was a basketball!!!
By the way, if you experience any symptoms of Mariah Carey-itis, consult your doctor. Don’t look it up on WebMD, though. You’ll just freak yourself out.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 118
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 78
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (119)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (78)