Jun 18, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Wizards point guard John Wall had the opportunity to throw out the first pitch at Nats Park before last night’s interleague matchup between the Orioles and Nationals. And…it didn’t go very well.
In fact, you could even say that Wall had a temporary, yet acute case of Mariah Carey-itis.
Here’s the unfortunate video evidence, courtesy of our friends at CSNWashington.com:
Ouch. While this was one of the worst first pitches in recent memory, at least Wall had a sense of humor about the whole thing. He later tweeted the following:
Meant it was fun throwing out the first pitch at the Nats game…Even though I threw a bounce pass like it was a basketball!!!
By the way, if you experience any symptoms of Mariah Carey-itis, consult your doctor. Don’t look it up on WebMD, though. You’ll just freak yourself out.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 12
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 14
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)