Jun 18, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Wizards point guard John Wall had the opportunity to throw out the first pitch at Nats Park before last night’s interleague matchup between the Orioles and Nationals. And…it didn’t go very well.
In fact, you could even say that Wall had a temporary, yet acute case of Mariah Carey-itis.
Here’s the unfortunate video evidence, courtesy of our friends at CSNWashington.com:
Ouch. While this was one of the worst first pitches in recent memory, at least Wall had a sense of humor about the whole thing. He later tweeted the following:
Meant it was fun throwing out the first pitch at the Nats game…Even though I threw a bounce pass like it was a basketball!!!
By the way, if you experience any symptoms of Mariah Carey-itis, consult your doctor. Don’t look it up on WebMD, though. You’ll just freak yourself out.
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)