Jun 18, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Wizards point guard John Wall had the opportunity to throw out the first pitch at Nats Park before last night’s interleague matchup between the Orioles and Nationals. And…it didn’t go very well.
In fact, you could even say that Wall had a temporary, yet acute case of Mariah Carey-itis.
Here’s the unfortunate video evidence, courtesy of our friends at CSNWashington.com:
Ouch. While this was one of the worst first pitches in recent memory, at least Wall had a sense of humor about the whole thing. He later tweeted the following:
Meant it was fun throwing out the first pitch at the Nats game…Even though I threw a bounce pass like it was a basketball!!!
By the way, if you experience any symptoms of Mariah Carey-itis, consult your doctor. Don’t look it up on WebMD, though. You’ll just freak yourself out.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)