Jun 18, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: While Reyes admits that he spoke with Boras twice on the phone, he told Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal that there’s “no chance” he’s leaving his agent. That settles that.
3:47 PM: Maybe there isn’t much to this Reyes-Boras doomsday scenario, after all.
According to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com, Jose Reyes plans to discuss the status of his representation before tonight’s game against the Angels. In doing so, Reyes will discuss his intention to remain with agents Peter and Ed Greenberg.
Perhaps most interestingly, Reyes “may express displeasure” that his contact with Scott Boras was disclosed. In Rubin’s report, he stresses that the contact was initiated by Scott Boras and not by Reyes.
Wait a minute. You’re telling me that Boras regularly contacts pending free agents who he hopes to represent? Unheard of.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 0
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)