Jun 18, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: While Reyes admits that he spoke with Boras twice on the phone, he told Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal that there’s “no chance” he’s leaving his agent. That settles that.
3:47 PM: Maybe there isn’t much to this Reyes-Boras doomsday scenario, after all.
According to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com, Jose Reyes plans to discuss the status of his representation before tonight’s game against the Angels. In doing so, Reyes will discuss his intention to remain with agents Peter and Ed Greenberg.
Perhaps most interestingly, Reyes “may express displeasure” that his contact with Scott Boras was disclosed. In Rubin’s report, he stresses that the contact was initiated by Scott Boras and not by Reyes.
Wait a minute. You’re telling me that Boras regularly contacts pending free agents who he hopes to represent? Unheard of.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)