Jun 18, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: While Reyes admits that he spoke with Boras twice on the phone, he told Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal that there’s “no chance” he’s leaving his agent. That settles that.
3:47 PM: Maybe there isn’t much to this Reyes-Boras doomsday scenario, after all.
According to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com, Jose Reyes plans to discuss the status of his representation before tonight’s game against the Angels. In doing so, Reyes will discuss his intention to remain with agents Peter and Ed Greenberg.
Perhaps most interestingly, Reyes “may express displeasure” that his contact with Scott Boras was disclosed. In Rubin’s report, he stresses that the contact was initiated by Scott Boras and not by Reyes.
Wait a minute. You’re telling me that Boras regularly contacts pending free agents who he hopes to represent? Unheard of.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)