Jun 18, 2011, 3:54 PM EST
UPDATE: While Reyes admits that he spoke with Boras twice on the phone, he told Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal that there’s “no chance” he’s leaving his agent. That settles that.
3:47 PM: Maybe there isn’t much to this Reyes-Boras doomsday scenario, after all.
According to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com, Jose Reyes plans to discuss the status of his representation before tonight’s game against the Angels. In doing so, Reyes will discuss his intention to remain with agents Peter and Ed Greenberg.
Perhaps most interestingly, Reyes “may express displeasure” that his contact with Scott Boras was disclosed. In Rubin’s report, he stresses that the contact was initiated by Scott Boras and not by Reyes.
Wait a minute. You’re telling me that Boras regularly contacts pending free agents who he hopes to represent? Unheard of.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)