Jun 18, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: While Reyes admits that he spoke with Boras twice on the phone, he told Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal that there’s “no chance” he’s leaving his agent. That settles that.
3:47 PM: Maybe there isn’t much to this Reyes-Boras doomsday scenario, after all.
According to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com, Jose Reyes plans to discuss the status of his representation before tonight’s game against the Angels. In doing so, Reyes will discuss his intention to remain with agents Peter and Ed Greenberg.
Perhaps most interestingly, Reyes “may express displeasure” that his contact with Scott Boras was disclosed. In Rubin’s report, he stresses that the contact was initiated by Scott Boras and not by Reyes.
Wait a minute. You’re telling me that Boras regularly contacts pending free agents who he hopes to represent? Unheard of.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 2
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 44
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)