Jun 18, 2011, 8:41 AM EST
Joe Mauer went 1-for-4 with an RBI single in his return from the disabled list last night as the Twins won their fifth consecutive game. They have very quietly won 12 out of their last 14 games to move within 10 games of the .500 mark. Ron Gardenhire’s squad obviously has plenty of work to do still, but I wouldn’t count them out considering they are only eight games back in the very mediocre American League Central.
Your Friday box scores:
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)