Jun 18, 2011, 8:41 AM EDT
Joe Mauer went 1-for-4 with an RBI single in his return from the disabled list last night as the Twins won their fifth consecutive game. They have very quietly won 12 out of their last 14 games to move within 10 games of the .500 mark. Ron Gardenhire’s squad obviously has plenty of work to do still, but I wouldn’t count them out considering they are only eight games back in the very mediocre American League Central.
Your Friday box scores:
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (135)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)