Jun 18, 2011, 10:43 PM EDT
Jimenez had surrendered eight hits and three earned runs over five shaky innings to Detroit, watching his ERA jump slightly from 4.62 to 4.68.
With the way he has struggled this season, the Rox might go ahead and skip his next turn through the rotation as a precautionary measure in the hope that the rest helps him mentally and physically.
Jimenez struck out 8.6 batters per nine innings in his breakout 2010 campaign. This year, he has a 7.75 K/9.
UPDATE: According to the Denver Post‘s Troy Renck, Ubaldo is “fine” and shouldn’t miss any time.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)