Jun 18, 2011, 10:43 PM EDT
Jimenez had surrendered eight hits and three earned runs over five shaky innings to Detroit, watching his ERA jump slightly from 4.62 to 4.68.
With the way he has struggled this season, the Rox might go ahead and skip his next turn through the rotation as a precautionary measure in the hope that the rest helps him mentally and physically.
Jimenez struck out 8.6 batters per nine innings in his breakout 2010 campaign. This year, he has a 7.75 K/9.
UPDATE: According to the Denver Post‘s Troy Renck, Ubaldo is “fine” and shouldn’t miss any time.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 57
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?