Jun 18, 2011, 10:43 PM EDT
Jimenez had surrendered eight hits and three earned runs over five shaky innings to Detroit, watching his ERA jump slightly from 4.62 to 4.68.
With the way he has struggled this season, the Rox might go ahead and skip his next turn through the rotation as a precautionary measure in the hope that the rest helps him mentally and physically.
Jimenez struck out 8.6 batters per nine innings in his breakout 2010 campaign. This year, he has a 7.75 K/9.
UPDATE: According to the Denver Post‘s Troy Renck, Ubaldo is “fine” and shouldn’t miss any time.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)