Jun 18, 2011, 10:43 PM EDT
Jimenez had surrendered eight hits and three earned runs over five shaky innings to Detroit, watching his ERA jump slightly from 4.62 to 4.68.
With the way he has struggled this season, the Rox might go ahead and skip his next turn through the rotation as a precautionary measure in the hope that the rest helps him mentally and physically.
Jimenez struck out 8.6 batters per nine innings in his breakout 2010 campaign. This year, he has a 7.75 K/9.
UPDATE: According to the Denver Post‘s Troy Renck, Ubaldo is “fine” and shouldn’t miss any time.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 53
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)