Jun 18, 2011, 10:43 PM EDT
Jimenez had surrendered eight hits and three earned runs over five shaky innings to Detroit, watching his ERA jump slightly from 4.62 to 4.68.
With the way he has struggled this season, the Rox might go ahead and skip his next turn through the rotation as a precautionary measure in the hope that the rest helps him mentally and physically.
Jimenez struck out 8.6 batters per nine innings in his breakout 2010 campaign. This year, he has a 7.75 K/9.
UPDATE: According to the Denver Post‘s Troy Renck, Ubaldo is “fine” and shouldn’t miss any time.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 19
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 7
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 41
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)