Jun 19, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
With left-hander Andrew Miller arriving in the majors Monday and two scheduled off days before the end of June, the Red Sox have decided to give right-hander Clay Buchholz some needed rest.
According to Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald, Buchholz was placed on the 15-day disabled list before Sunday’s game due to the lower back strain that he suffered on Thursday night against the Rays. It’s not a serious injury and the hope is that he will feel well enough to return to the major league rotation around July 2, the first day he’s eligible.
Buchholz, 26, has a 3.48 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 60 strikeouts through 82 2/3 innings this season.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)