Jun 19, 2011, 10:37 AM EDT
Twins right-hander Joe Nathan made his first minor league rehab appearance on Saturday at Triple-A Rochester and couldn’t have looked better.
According to LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, the All-Star closer struck out two batters in a perfect inning while touching 93 mph with his fastball. He reported no problems with his surgically-repaired right elbow and will continue progressing toward a late June return.
Nathan will need to appear safely in back-to-back rehab games for Rochester before the Twins feel comfortable activating him from the disabled list. He opened the regular season by allowing 17 hits and 15 runs over his first 15 1/3 innings, but he has the talent to turn it all around in the second half.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights