Jun 20, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Wallace Mathews of ESPN New York reports that Alex Rodriguez has a shoulder strain that has been hampering his power for a couple of weeks. Joe Girardi and Rodriguez are downplaying it, but his shoulder has been wrapped heavily before and after games, Matthews reports.
It hasn’t hampered his timing or anything — he had a nice series against the Cubs over the weekend and his June OPS is higher than either May or April’s — but he hasn’t homered in his last eight games, so it’s something to keep your eye on. I guess anyway. Not like you can do anything about it.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)