Jun 20, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Wallace Mathews of ESPN New York reports that Alex Rodriguez has a shoulder strain that has been hampering his power for a couple of weeks. Joe Girardi and Rodriguez are downplaying it, but his shoulder has been wrapped heavily before and after games, Matthews reports.
It hasn’t hampered his timing or anything — he had a nice series against the Cubs over the weekend and his June OPS is higher than either May or April’s — but he hasn’t homered in his last eight games, so it’s something to keep your eye on. I guess anyway. Not like you can do anything about it.
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 2
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 17
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)