Jun 20, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Wallace Mathews of ESPN New York reports that Alex Rodriguez has a shoulder strain that has been hampering his power for a couple of weeks. Joe Girardi and Rodriguez are downplaying it, but his shoulder has been wrapped heavily before and after games, Matthews reports.
It hasn’t hampered his timing or anything — he had a nice series against the Cubs over the weekend and his June OPS is higher than either May or April’s — but he hasn’t homered in his last eight games, so it’s something to keep your eye on. I guess anyway. Not like you can do anything about it.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)