Jun 20, 2011, 9:40 AM EST
Wallace Mathews of ESPN New York reports that Alex Rodriguez has a shoulder strain that has been hampering his power for a couple of weeks. Joe Girardi and Rodriguez are downplaying it, but his shoulder has been wrapped heavily before and after games, Matthews reports.
It hasn’t hampered his timing or anything — he had a nice series against the Cubs over the weekend and his June OPS is higher than either May or April’s — but he hasn’t homered in his last eight games, so it’s something to keep your eye on. I guess anyway. Not like you can do anything about it.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 121
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (123)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)