Jun 20, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
Wallace Mathews of ESPN New York reports that Alex Rodriguez has a shoulder strain that has been hampering his power for a couple of weeks. Joe Girardi and Rodriguez are downplaying it, but his shoulder has been wrapped heavily before and after games, Matthews reports.
It hasn’t hampered his timing or anything — he had a nice series against the Cubs over the weekend and his June OPS is higher than either May or April’s — but he hasn’t homered in his last eight games, so it’s something to keep your eye on. I guess anyway. Not like you can do anything about it.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 59
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 28
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)