Jun 20, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
After the first set of interleague series it looked like the American League’s dominance over the National League might finally be coming to an end, but the AL went 29-13 over the weekend and is now 47-34 overall against the NL the season.
That works out to a .580 winning percentage, which is a 94-68 pace when converted to a 162-game season and fits right in with the AL’s long-running superiority:
YEAR ALW% 2011 .580 2010 .532 2009 .548 2008 .591 2007 .544 2006 .611 2005 .540 2004 .504
The last time the National League had a winning interleague record was way back in 2003, when the Jack McKeon-led Marlins beat the Yankees in the World Series, Dontrelle Willis and Angel Berroa were the Rookie of the Year winners, Barry Bonds and Alex Rodriguez were the MVPs, Eric Gagne and Roy Halladay were the Cy Young winners, I was 20 years old, and Calcaterra still had some hair (that last one is pure speculation, but “hey Craig, did you have any hair in 2003?” seems like an awkward question to ask).
On average during that eight-year span the AL has won at a .556 pace, with is a 90-72 record per 162 games.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)