Jun 20, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
David Wright hasn’t been cleared for full baseball activities as he recovers from a lower back stress fracture, but he fielded ground balls from his knees yesterday and made about 20 throws, telling Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York afterward that he “felt good.”
Mazzeo reports that Wright will spend today riding an exercise bike and then go through a similarly limited workout tomorrow before a visit to the doctor to hopefully be cleared for further activities in extended spring training.
Initially the Mets were optimistic that he’d miss just a couple weeks, but Wright has already been out for more than a month and is still no sure thing to be back in the lineup before the All-Star break.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)