Jun 20, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
David Wright hasn’t been cleared for full baseball activities as he recovers from a lower back stress fracture, but he fielded ground balls from his knees yesterday and made about 20 throws, telling Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York afterward that he “felt good.”
Mazzeo reports that Wright will spend today riding an exercise bike and then go through a similarly limited workout tomorrow before a visit to the doctor to hopefully be cleared for further activities in extended spring training.
Initially the Mets were optimistic that he’d miss just a couple weeks, but Wright has already been out for more than a month and is still no sure thing to be back in the lineup before the All-Star break.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 8
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 15
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 82
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8