Jun 20, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Kendall, who has been sidelined for 10 months and turns 37 years old next week, will see his first game action since August 30 of last season against teenagers in the Arizona League.
There’s no timetable yet for his return from the disabled list, but Kaegel notes that Kendall was initially hoping to make it back from the surgery by Opening Day and even the best-case scenario at this point would have him missing that goal by at least three months.
Kansas City has no choice but to be patient, as he’s under contract for $3.75 million.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)