Jun 20, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Fowler’s abdominal injury actually kept him from being demoted to Triple-A last month and since then the Rockies have repeatedly talked about the switch-hitter needing to improve his swing from the left side of the plate, to the point that the reporters covering the team have taken that weakness as gospel despite Fowler actually hitting better from the left side last season.
The bigger problem is that Fowler has hit just .225 with a .646 OPS in 172 career games away from Coors Field. He’s a prime candidate to be traded before July 31, but in the meantime he’s an injury away from returning to Colorado in at least a part-time role.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)