Jun 20, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Fowler’s abdominal injury actually kept him from being demoted to Triple-A last month and since then the Rockies have repeatedly talked about the switch-hitter needing to improve his swing from the left side of the plate, to the point that the reporters covering the team have taken that weakness as gospel despite Fowler actually hitting better from the left side last season.
The bigger problem is that Fowler has hit just .225 with a .646 OPS in 172 career games away from Coors Field. He’s a prime candidate to be traded before July 31, but in the meantime he’s an injury away from returning to Colorado in at least a part-time role.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)