Jun 20, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Fowler’s abdominal injury actually kept him from being demoted to Triple-A last month and since then the Rockies have repeatedly talked about the switch-hitter needing to improve his swing from the left side of the plate, to the point that the reporters covering the team have taken that weakness as gospel despite Fowler actually hitting better from the left side last season.
The bigger problem is that Fowler has hit just .225 with a .646 OPS in 172 career games away from Coors Field. He’s a prime candidate to be traded before July 31, but in the meantime he’s an injury away from returning to Colorado in at least a part-time role.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)