Jun 20, 2011, 10:06 AM EDT
Giovanni Ramirez, a suspect in the Bryan Stow beating at Dodger Stadium, still has not been charged in that case. And today he faces a hearing in which he could go free if it’s not found that he has violated his parole. If that happens he could be re-arrested again with specific connection to the Stow case, but then the police would face a short time period in which they’d either have to charge him or re-release him.
Complicating this: Ramirez’s attorney has said that 11 family members, neighbors and friends have provided an alibi for him, saying he was at an aunt’s house at the time of the attack.
So, for as happy as everyone was at the time of the arrest, this aint’ over yet folks.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)