Jun 20, 2011, 10:06 AM EST
Giovanni Ramirez, a suspect in the Bryan Stow beating at Dodger Stadium, still has not been charged in that case. And today he faces a hearing in which he could go free if it’s not found that he has violated his parole. If that happens he could be re-arrested again with specific connection to the Stow case, but then the police would face a short time period in which they’d either have to charge him or re-release him.
Complicating this: Ramirez’s attorney has said that 11 family members, neighbors and friends have provided an alibi for him, saying he was at an aunt’s house at the time of the attack.
So, for as happy as everyone was at the time of the arrest, this aint’ over yet folks.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 70
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)