Jun 20, 2011, 5:44 PM EDT
This morning we noted that Giovanni Ramirez, the suspect in the Bryan Stow beating, could have been released today, because all they have him on right now is a potential parole violation, and because he has not yet been charged with any Stow-related crimes.
Well, he isn’t going anywhere for a while, because he was found guilty of the parole violation — don’t have guns lying around your house if you’re a convicted felon, kids — and will be detained for ten months on that beef.
In the meantime, there is no sense if or when Ramirez will be charged in connection with the Stow beating. We do at least know, however, that he won’t be hoofing it in the meantime.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 31
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 22
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)