Jun 20, 2011, 5:44 PM EDT
This morning we noted that Giovanni Ramirez, the suspect in the Bryan Stow beating, could have been released today, because all they have him on right now is a potential parole violation, and because he has not yet been charged with any Stow-related crimes.
Well, he isn’t going anywhere for a while, because he was found guilty of the parole violation — don’t have guns lying around your house if you’re a convicted felon, kids — and will be detained for ten months on that beef.
In the meantime, there is no sense if or when Ramirez will be charged in connection with the Stow beating. We do at least know, however, that he won’t be hoofing it in the meantime.
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 12
- The Lester trade is a win-win 104
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 160
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (160)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)