Jun 20, 2011, 5:44 PM EDT
This morning we noted that Giovanni Ramirez, the suspect in the Bryan Stow beating, could have been released today, because all they have him on right now is a potential parole violation, and because he has not yet been charged with any Stow-related crimes.
Well, he isn’t going anywhere for a while, because he was found guilty of the parole violation — don’t have guns lying around your house if you’re a convicted felon, kids — and will be detained for ten months on that beef.
In the meantime, there is no sense if or when Ramirez will be charged in connection with the Stow beating. We do at least know, however, that he won’t be hoofing it in the meantime.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 240
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)