Jun 20, 2011, 5:44 PM EST
This morning we noted that Giovanni Ramirez, the suspect in the Bryan Stow beating, could have been released today, because all they have him on right now is a potential parole violation, and because he has not yet been charged with any Stow-related crimes.
Well, he isn’t going anywhere for a while, because he was found guilty of the parole violation — don’t have guns lying around your house if you’re a convicted felon, kids — and will be detained for ten months on that beef.
In the meantime, there is no sense if or when Ramirez will be charged in connection with the Stow beating. We do at least know, however, that he won’t be hoofing it in the meantime.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)