Jun 20, 2011, 5:44 PM EDT
This morning we noted that Giovanni Ramirez, the suspect in the Bryan Stow beating, could have been released today, because all they have him on right now is a potential parole violation, and because he has not yet been charged with any Stow-related crimes.
Well, he isn’t going anywhere for a while, because he was found guilty of the parole violation — don’t have guns lying around your house if you’re a convicted felon, kids — and will be detained for ten months on that beef.
In the meantime, there is no sense if or when Ramirez will be charged in connection with the Stow beating. We do at least know, however, that he won’t be hoofing it in the meantime.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 83
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (85)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)