Jun 21, 2011, 3:20 PM EST
Not much new in the American League All-Star voting, the tallies for which were just released by Major League Baseball. Jose Bautista is the first player to surpass the four-million mark with 4,156,940 votes. Bautista continues to be joined in the outfield by Curtis Granderson and Josh Hamilton, though Jacoby Ellsbury is only a couple hundred thousand votes behind Hamilton.
On the infield, Robinson Cano leads all vote-getters, and is second in overall voting to Bautista. Derek Jeter inexplicably remains the leader at short, around 400,000 votes in front of Asdrubal Cabrera. A-Rod leads at third. While the race at first was once close, Adrian Gonzalez has taken a comfortable lead over Mark Teixeira. David Ortiz is the DH. Russell Martin remains roughly a half million votes ahead of Alex Avila behind the plate.
Voting in ballparks ends this Friday. Voting online at MLB.com goes until June 30th. Though to be honest, this looks like it’s going to be the starting slate given the margins at play.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)