Jun 21, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
After sitting out the past six weeks with a bone bruise in his elbow Jonathan Broxton has been cleared to begin a rehab assignment tonight at Triple-A.
A.J. Cassavell of MLB.com indicates that Broxton is scheduled to make just two rehab appearances, but given how awful he pitched for the Dodgers prior to being shut down in early May they’ll no doubt need to be convinced that he’s ready to return even with the rest of the bullpen wrecked by injuries.
Broxton was one of the most dominant relievers in baseball from 2006 through the middle of last season, but struggled in the second half of last year and then posted a 5.68 ERA with nine walks in 13 innings this season before landing on the shelf.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 3
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 74
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)