Jun 21, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
After sitting out the past six weeks with a bone bruise in his elbow Jonathan Broxton has been cleared to begin a rehab assignment tonight at Triple-A.
A.J. Cassavell of MLB.com indicates that Broxton is scheduled to make just two rehab appearances, but given how awful he pitched for the Dodgers prior to being shut down in early May they’ll no doubt need to be convinced that he’s ready to return even with the rest of the bullpen wrecked by injuries.
Broxton was one of the most dominant relievers in baseball from 2006 through the middle of last season, but struggled in the second half of last year and then posted a 5.68 ERA with nine walks in 13 innings this season before landing on the shelf.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 55
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 34
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 12
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 65
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games