Jun 21, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
After sitting out the past six weeks with a bone bruise in his elbow Jonathan Broxton has been cleared to begin a rehab assignment tonight at Triple-A.
A.J. Cassavell of MLB.com indicates that Broxton is scheduled to make just two rehab appearances, but given how awful he pitched for the Dodgers prior to being shut down in early May they’ll no doubt need to be convinced that he’s ready to return even with the rest of the bullpen wrecked by injuries.
Broxton was one of the most dominant relievers in baseball from 2006 through the middle of last season, but struggled in the second half of last year and then posted a 5.68 ERA with nine walks in 13 innings this season before landing on the shelf.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (99)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)