Jun 21, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
After sitting out the past six weeks with a bone bruise in his elbow Jonathan Broxton has been cleared to begin a rehab assignment tonight at Triple-A.
A.J. Cassavell of MLB.com indicates that Broxton is scheduled to make just two rehab appearances, but given how awful he pitched for the Dodgers prior to being shut down in early May they’ll no doubt need to be convinced that he’s ready to return even with the rest of the bullpen wrecked by injuries.
Broxton was one of the most dominant relievers in baseball from 2006 through the middle of last season, but struggled in the second half of last year and then posted a 5.68 ERA with nine walks in 13 innings this season before landing on the shelf.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)