Jun 21, 2011, 6:51 PM EDT
That according to the Miami Herald’s Clark Spencer.
When Hanley Ramirez was late to appear for new manager Jack McKeon’s pregame meeting Monday, Logan Morrison blasted him in front of teammates, telling the shortstop that his tardiness is one reason he’s struggled all season.
Morrison declined to discuss the confrontation Tuesday, saying “”I’d rather have what happened in the clubhouse stay in the clubhouse.”
Ramirez, for what it’s worth, said he didn’t know about the meeting, which was scheduled for 3:30 in the afternoon. Marlins players typically have until 4:30 to show up for a night game.
“I wasn’t late yesterday,” Ramirez said. “Stretch is at 4:30 and I was here before 4:30, so I wasn’t late. I wasn’t late, and I agree with whatever he (McKeon) does. Some guys, they come in early. They come in at 3. I come in at 3:30 every day.”
Except yesterday, apparently.
Ramirez did have a bit more to say today, and he seemed pretty happy about seeing his name in the cleanup spot in the Marlins’ lineup. Asked why he’s struggled all season long, he said:
My timing, I can’t find it. My hands, I don’t know. Everyday you try something new. You just got to go back and sit down and try to find out what you’ve been doing wrong I’ve been trying to do that but I can’t find it. So I just got keep fighting everyday.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 12
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 3
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 59
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games