Jun 21, 2011, 6:51 PM EDT
That according to the Miami Herald’s Clark Spencer.
When Hanley Ramirez was late to appear for new manager Jack McKeon’s pregame meeting Monday, Logan Morrison blasted him in front of teammates, telling the shortstop that his tardiness is one reason he’s struggled all season.
Morrison declined to discuss the confrontation Tuesday, saying “”I’d rather have what happened in the clubhouse stay in the clubhouse.”
Ramirez, for what it’s worth, said he didn’t know about the meeting, which was scheduled for 3:30 in the afternoon. Marlins players typically have until 4:30 to show up for a night game.
“I wasn’t late yesterday,” Ramirez said. “Stretch is at 4:30 and I was here before 4:30, so I wasn’t late. I wasn’t late, and I agree with whatever he (McKeon) does. Some guys, they come in early. They come in at 3. I come in at 3:30 every day.”
Except yesterday, apparently.
Ramirez did have a bit more to say today, and he seemed pretty happy about seeing his name in the cleanup spot in the Marlins’ lineup. Asked why he’s struggled all season long, he said:
My timing, I can’t find it. My hands, I don’t know. Everyday you try something new. You just got to go back and sit down and try to find out what you’ve been doing wrong I’ve been trying to do that but I can’t find it. So I just got keep fighting everyday.
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 7
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 43
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 26
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 9
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)