Jun 21, 2011, 6:51 PM EDT
That according to the Miami Herald’s Clark Spencer.
When Hanley Ramirez was late to appear for new manager Jack McKeon’s pregame meeting Monday, Logan Morrison blasted him in front of teammates, telling the shortstop that his tardiness is one reason he’s struggled all season.
Morrison declined to discuss the confrontation Tuesday, saying “”I’d rather have what happened in the clubhouse stay in the clubhouse.”
Ramirez, for what it’s worth, said he didn’t know about the meeting, which was scheduled for 3:30 in the afternoon. Marlins players typically have until 4:30 to show up for a night game.
“I wasn’t late yesterday,” Ramirez said. “Stretch is at 4:30 and I was here before 4:30, so I wasn’t late. I wasn’t late, and I agree with whatever he (McKeon) does. Some guys, they come in early. They come in at 3. I come in at 3:30 every day.”
Except yesterday, apparently.
Ramirez did have a bit more to say today, and he seemed pretty happy about seeing his name in the cleanup spot in the Marlins’ lineup. Asked why he’s struggled all season long, he said:
My timing, I can’t find it. My hands, I don’t know. Everyday you try something new. You just got to go back and sit down and try to find out what you’ve been doing wrong I’ve been trying to do that but I can’t find it. So I just got keep fighting everyday.
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 104
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 35
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 31
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)