Jun 21, 2011, 6:51 PM EDT
That according to the Miami Herald’s Clark Spencer.
When Hanley Ramirez was late to appear for new manager Jack McKeon’s pregame meeting Monday, Logan Morrison blasted him in front of teammates, telling the shortstop that his tardiness is one reason he’s struggled all season.
Morrison declined to discuss the confrontation Tuesday, saying “”I’d rather have what happened in the clubhouse stay in the clubhouse.”
Ramirez, for what it’s worth, said he didn’t know about the meeting, which was scheduled for 3:30 in the afternoon. Marlins players typically have until 4:30 to show up for a night game.
“I wasn’t late yesterday,” Ramirez said. “Stretch is at 4:30 and I was here before 4:30, so I wasn’t late. I wasn’t late, and I agree with whatever he (McKeon) does. Some guys, they come in early. They come in at 3. I come in at 3:30 every day.”
Except yesterday, apparently.
Ramirez did have a bit more to say today, and he seemed pretty happy about seeing his name in the cleanup spot in the Marlins’ lineup. Asked why he’s struggled all season long, he said:
My timing, I can’t find it. My hands, I don’t know. Everyday you try something new. You just got to go back and sit down and try to find out what you’ve been doing wrong I’ve been trying to do that but I can’t find it. So I just got keep fighting everyday.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 18
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 40
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)