Jun 21, 2011, 7:03 PM EDT
A week after his Dallas Mavericks won the NBA Finals, Mark Cuban told TMZ that he’d have interest in the Dodgers, in theory anyway.
“If the deal’s right and they’re fixable, then, yeah, I’m very interested,” he said.
As for whether the deal is right, Cuban doesn’t seem optimistic, noting just how much of a mess the team’s business side is right now.
It remains an unlikely match anyway, given that MLB has never displayed any interest in having Cuban join its ranks.
For the full three-minute interview, head over to TMZ.com.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)