Jun 21, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
For what it’s worth, I think Ozzie Guillen had a good point when he argued that Alexi Ramirez was wrongfully called out on what looked like a foul ball in last night’s Cubs-White Sox game.
But his argument and ejection were awesome, mostly for the reaction of Cubs’ catcher Geovany Soto when Guillen kicked his catcher’s mask. If I were Soto I’d probably react the same way. And then today I’d try to track down Guillen and ask him if he’d autograph the mask for me, which I’d then mount in my rumpus room next to a still picture of the kick.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)