Jun 21, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
For what it’s worth, I think Ozzie Guillen had a good point when he argued that Alexi Ramirez was wrongfully called out on what looked like a foul ball in last night’s Cubs-White Sox game.
But his argument and ejection were awesome, mostly for the reaction of Cubs’ catcher Geovany Soto when Guillen kicked his catcher’s mask. If I were Soto I’d probably react the same way. And then today I’d try to track down Guillen and ask him if he’d autograph the mask for me, which I’d then mount in my rumpus room next to a still picture of the kick.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with apparent side injury 5
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 2
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 6
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 29
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)