Jun 21, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Brad Hawpe moved from first base to right field to make room for Anthony Rizzo‘s arrival two weeks ago and now he’s out of the lineup altogether, as the Padres placed him on the disabled list with a stained left middle finger.
Hawpe got off to a brutal start, turned things around for a while, and then slumped again of late, hitting a combined .231 with four homers and a .645 OPS in 62 games. Toss in bad defense in right field and the Padres won’t miss him much.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)