Jun 21, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Brad Hawpe moved from first base to right field to make room for Anthony Rizzo‘s arrival two weeks ago and now he’s out of the lineup altogether, as the Padres placed him on the disabled list with a stained left middle finger.
Hawpe got off to a brutal start, turned things around for a while, and then slumped again of late, hitting a combined .231 with four homers and a .645 OPS in 62 games. Toss in bad defense in right field and the Padres won’t miss him much.
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 44
- The Nationals and Phillies are nearing a trade for Jonathan Papelbon 25
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 81
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)