Jun 21, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Brad Hawpe moved from first base to right field to make room for Anthony Rizzo‘s arrival two weeks ago and now he’s out of the lineup altogether, as the Padres placed him on the disabled list with a stained left middle finger.
Hawpe got off to a brutal start, turned things around for a while, and then slumped again of late, hitting a combined .231 with four homers and a .645 OPS in 62 games. Toss in bad defense in right field and the Padres won’t miss him much.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 5
- What Bryan Price’s rant was really all about 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 30
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)