Jun 21, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Yesterday when the Cardinals announced Albert Pujols‘ absence they cited a four-to-six week time frame for his absence. Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch is reporting, however, that one shouldn’t get too optimistic about all of that:
Am told Pujols needs 4 weeks in cast but may need longer wait for baseball-related activies. Mid-August return more likely than early Aug.
If four weeks is just until the cast comes off, you have to figure a good couple of weeks after that, if not more, before he can actually get back to playing speed.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29