Jun 21, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Yesterday when the Cardinals announced Albert Pujols‘ absence they cited a four-to-six week time frame for his absence. Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch is reporting, however, that one shouldn’t get too optimistic about all of that:
Am told Pujols needs 4 weeks in cast but may need longer wait for baseball-related activies. Mid-August return more likely than early Aug.
If four weeks is just until the cast comes off, you have to figure a good couple of weeks after that, if not more, before he can actually get back to playing speed.
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (76)