Jun 21, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Yesterday when the Cardinals announced Albert Pujols‘ absence they cited a four-to-six week time frame for his absence. Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch is reporting, however, that one shouldn’t get too optimistic about all of that:
Am told Pujols needs 4 weeks in cast but may need longer wait for baseball-related activies. Mid-August return more likely than early Aug.
If four weeks is just until the cast comes off, you have to figure a good couple of weeks after that, if not more, before he can actually get back to playing speed.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)