Jun 21, 2011, 1:32 PM EDT
Whitey Herzog is a year younger than Jack McKeon, but given his reactions to just about anything that comes down the pike in baseball, you wouldn’t know it. Hey Whitey, what do you think of the realignment proposals floating around?
“I’ve heard about it and what I hear is all crap … I really hope it doesn’t happen, because then we’d have so much interleague play. It would be terrible.”
The basis of his beef is that you can’t have two 15-team leagues because then there would be interleague play every day and that … would be bad.
I’ve heard this a lot. And I’m not sure exactly why that would be such a bad thing. I mean, if we’ve already gone interleague and expanded playoffs and we’re moving teams around and maybe even getting rid of divisions, why is the concept of interleague play still so hard for everyone to get their minds around?
- Cardinals sign Cuban infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 0
- UPDATE: Ervin Santana is prepared to wait “days” before signing 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)