Jun 21, 2011, 1:32 PM EDT
Whitey Herzog is a year younger than Jack McKeon, but given his reactions to just about anything that comes down the pike in baseball, you wouldn’t know it. Hey Whitey, what do you think of the realignment proposals floating around?
“I’ve heard about it and what I hear is all crap … I really hope it doesn’t happen, because then we’d have so much interleague play. It would be terrible.”
The basis of his beef is that you can’t have two 15-team leagues because then there would be interleague play every day and that … would be bad.
I’ve heard this a lot. And I’m not sure exactly why that would be such a bad thing. I mean, if we’ve already gone interleague and expanded playoffs and we’re moving teams around and maybe even getting rid of divisions, why is the concept of interleague play still so hard for everyone to get their minds around?
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 9
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)