Jun 21, 2011, 1:32 PM EST
Whitey Herzog is a year younger than Jack McKeon, but given his reactions to just about anything that comes down the pike in baseball, you wouldn’t know it. Hey Whitey, what do you think of the realignment proposals floating around?
“I’ve heard about it and what I hear is all crap … I really hope it doesn’t happen, because then we’d have so much interleague play. It would be terrible.”
The basis of his beef is that you can’t have two 15-team leagues because then there would be interleague play every day and that … would be bad.
I’ve heard this a lot. And I’m not sure exactly why that would be such a bad thing. I mean, if we’ve already gone interleague and expanded playoffs and we’re moving teams around and maybe even getting rid of divisions, why is the concept of interleague play still so hard for everyone to get their minds around?
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (159)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)