Jun 21, 2011, 1:32 PM EDT
Whitey Herzog is a year younger than Jack McKeon, but given his reactions to just about anything that comes down the pike in baseball, you wouldn’t know it. Hey Whitey, what do you think of the realignment proposals floating around?
“I’ve heard about it and what I hear is all crap … I really hope it doesn’t happen, because then we’d have so much interleague play. It would be terrible.”
The basis of his beef is that you can’t have two 15-team leagues because then there would be interleague play every day and that … would be bad.
I’ve heard this a lot. And I’m not sure exactly why that would be such a bad thing. I mean, if we’ve already gone interleague and expanded playoffs and we’re moving teams around and maybe even getting rid of divisions, why is the concept of interleague play still so hard for everyone to get their minds around?
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)