Jun 22, 2011, 6:12 PM EST
Patricia Davis and Patricia Duncan filed a federal lawsuit against Joe Ricketts and the Opportunity Education Foundation, claiming Ricketts fired them from his Nebraska-based charity after they complained of sexual harrassment.
Ricketts, the founder of TD Ameritrade, bought the Cubs in 2009. The lawsuit isn’t team-related, though. It’s related strictly to his Opportunity Education Foundation, and, for what it’s worth, there’s nothing in the report to suggest he did any of the alleged sexual harrassing.
Davis and Duncan allege Ricketts re-hired the charity’s chief operating officer shortly after the COO was fired amid the women’s complaints. The suit alleges the COO often commented about Davis’ legs and cleavage and once putted a golf ball into Duncan’s office, saying “I’m trying to get into your hole.”
Ricketts’ attorney told the AP the lawsuit was meritless. According to the report, the Nebraska Equal Opportunity Commission found reasonable cause of retaliation but not of sexual harassment.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 15
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 74
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)