Jun 22, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
When someone tells me that the DH rules because pitchers can’t hit, I have historically responded by saying “well, it ain’t like watching David Ortiz run the bases is a thing of beauty either.”
I take it all back. Every word of it. Because this was poetry in frickin’ motion. The form. The grace. Sheer beauty.
Everyone on the Padres who had a part in this play ought to be fined severely and/or flogged.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)