Jun 22, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
A good read over at The Post Game today. Steve Henson, who has been following the BALCO/steroids beat for years, reports on the relationship between University of California second baseman Tony Renda and Greg Anderson. Yes, that Greg Anderson. Along the way Henson paints a picture of what the never ending BALCO prosecution has done to Anderson’s life, career and his relationship with his son.
Greg Anderson did some stuff he shouldn’t have done. And he has served more time for it than anyone who has done the same thing ever would have. One would think that, at some point, he could just be left alone to get his life back on track.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)