Jun 22, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
A good read over at The Post Game today. Steve Henson, who has been following the BALCO/steroids beat for years, reports on the relationship between University of California second baseman Tony Renda and Greg Anderson. Yes, that Greg Anderson. Along the way Henson paints a picture of what the never ending BALCO prosecution has done to Anderson’s life, career and his relationship with his son.
Greg Anderson did some stuff he shouldn’t have done. And he has served more time for it than anyone who has done the same thing ever would have. One would think that, at some point, he could just be left alone to get his life back on track.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (76)