Jun 22, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
A good read over at The Post Game today. Steve Henson, who has been following the BALCO/steroids beat for years, reports on the relationship between University of California second baseman Tony Renda and Greg Anderson. Yes, that Greg Anderson. Along the way Henson paints a picture of what the never ending BALCO prosecution has done to Anderson’s life, career and his relationship with his son.
Greg Anderson did some stuff he shouldn’t have done. And he has served more time for it than anyone who has done the same thing ever would have. One would think that, at some point, he could just be left alone to get his life back on track.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)