Jun 22, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Larry Granillo has a neat story over at Wezen-Ball today, recounting the time when, as a minor league manager nearly 50 years ago, Jack McKeon was part of an experiment wherein the manager and the pitcher communicated via radio transmitters.
After reading that, all I can do is thank the maker that the idea didn’t stick and filter up to the major leagues. Because boy howdy, the last thing we need to do is to give Tony La Russa even more control of a game than he already has.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)