Jun 22, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
He threw a scoreless inning Saturday and another scoreless inning last night, with a third outing scheduled for tonight.
Barring a setback it sounds like Nathan will be activated from the DL at some point this weekend, perhaps as soon as Friday in Milwaukee.
Nathan struggled with both his velocity and command after missing all of last season following Tommy John elbow surgery, being stripped of closing duties and giving up 15 runs in 15 innings before the Twins finally shut him down in mid-May. He’ll rejoin the bullpen in a setup role, with Matt Capps remaining the closer.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 11
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 26
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 50
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)