Jun 22, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
He threw a scoreless inning Saturday and another scoreless inning last night, with a third outing scheduled for tonight.
Barring a setback it sounds like Nathan will be activated from the DL at some point this weekend, perhaps as soon as Friday in Milwaukee.
Nathan struggled with both his velocity and command after missing all of last season following Tommy John elbow surgery, being stripped of closing duties and giving up 15 runs in 15 innings before the Twins finally shut him down in mid-May. He’ll rejoin the bullpen in a setup role, with Matt Capps remaining the closer.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 0
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)