Jun 22, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
He threw a scoreless inning Saturday and another scoreless inning last night, with a third outing scheduled for tonight.
Barring a setback it sounds like Nathan will be activated from the DL at some point this weekend, perhaps as soon as Friday in Milwaukee.
Nathan struggled with both his velocity and command after missing all of last season following Tommy John elbow surgery, being stripped of closing duties and giving up 15 runs in 15 innings before the Twins finally shut him down in mid-May. He’ll rejoin the bullpen in a setup role, with Matt Capps remaining the closer.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 3
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)