Jun 22, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
The Braves had a relatively easy time with the Blue Jays this afternoon, but it could have been worse for Toronto: by all rights Jordan Schafer should have had a homer in the bottom of the seventh, but Jose Bautista leaped up and snagged it as it was about to fly over the fence.
The batter before Schafer — Brooks Conrad — hit one out that Bautista almost got to. And of course Bautista had his own home run in the game as well, providing the Jays with their only offense.
Jose Bautista: he hits ‘em. He robs ‘em. He’s the total package.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (159)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)