Jun 22, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
The Braves had a relatively easy time with the Blue Jays this afternoon, but it could have been worse for Toronto: by all rights Jordan Schafer should have had a homer in the bottom of the seventh, but Jose Bautista leaped up and snagged it as it was about to fly over the fence.
The batter before Schafer — Brooks Conrad — hit one out that Bautista almost got to. And of course Bautista had his own home run in the game as well, providing the Jays with their only offense.
Jose Bautista: he hits ’em. He robs ’em. He’s the total package.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)