Jun 22, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
The Braves had a relatively easy time with the Blue Jays this afternoon, but it could have been worse for Toronto: by all rights Jordan Schafer should have had a homer in the bottom of the seventh, but Jose Bautista leaped up and snagged it as it was about to fly over the fence.
The batter before Schafer — Brooks Conrad — hit one out that Bautista almost got to. And of course Bautista had his own home run in the game as well, providing the Jays with their only offense.
Jose Bautista: he hits ‘em. He robs ‘em. He’s the total package.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 39
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)