Jun 22, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
The Braves had a relatively easy time with the Blue Jays this afternoon, but it could have been worse for Toronto: by all rights Jordan Schafer should have had a homer in the bottom of the seventh, but Jose Bautista leaped up and snagged it as it was about to fly over the fence.
The batter before Schafer — Brooks Conrad — hit one out that Bautista almost got to. And of course Bautista had his own home run in the game as well, providing the Jays with their only offense.
Jose Bautista: he hits ’em. He robs ’em. He’s the total package.
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 38
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)