Jun 22, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
The Braves had a relatively easy time with the Blue Jays this afternoon, but it could have been worse for Toronto: by all rights Jordan Schafer should have had a homer in the bottom of the seventh, but Jose Bautista leaped up and snagged it as it was about to fly over the fence.
The batter before Schafer — Brooks Conrad — hit one out that Bautista almost got to. And of course Bautista had his own home run in the game as well, providing the Jays with their only offense.
Jose Bautista: he hits ‘em. He robs ‘em. He’s the total package.
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 0
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 340
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (340)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Report: Josh Hamilton could get a suspension of “at least 25 games” (71)