Jun 22, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Josh Beckett was scratched from last night’s scheduled start because of the flu–or as manager Terry Francona put it, “intestinal turmoil”–and Joe McDonald of ESPN Boston reports that he’s now unlikely to make his pushed-back start Saturday.
Francona told McDonald that Beckett “is really sick” and “doctors are trying to figure it out.”
Andrew Miller has altered his usual routine in order to be available if needed in Beckett’s place Saturday against the Pirates.
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 0
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 33
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 40
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23