Jun 22, 2011, 1:20 PM EST
Josh Beckett was scratched from last night’s scheduled start because of the flu–or as manager Terry Francona put it, “intestinal turmoil”–and Joe McDonald of ESPN Boston reports that he’s now unlikely to make his pushed-back start Saturday.
Francona told McDonald that Beckett “is really sick” and “doctors are trying to figure it out.”
Andrew Miller has altered his usual routine in order to be available if needed in Beckett’s place Saturday against the Pirates.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 36
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 175
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (180)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)