Jun 22, 2011, 10:21 PM EDT
Hunter laid on the ground for several moments before eventually walking off the field under his own power. He was spotted smiling as he entered the dugout and has apparently avoided a major injury.
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, Hunter has been diagnosed with a left posterior rib contusion. In other words, a bruise.
X-rays were negative. He’s being called “day-to-day.”
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)