Jun 22, 2011, 10:21 PM EDT
Hunter laid on the ground for several moments before eventually walking off the field under his own power. He was spotted smiling as he entered the dugout and has apparently avoided a major injury.
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, Hunter has been diagnosed with a left posterior rib contusion. In other words, a bruise.
X-rays were negative. He’s being called “day-to-day.”
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 54
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105