Jun 22, 2011, 10:21 PM EST
Hunter laid on the ground for several moments before eventually walking off the field under his own power. He was spotted smiling as he entered the dugout and has apparently avoided a major injury.
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, Hunter has been diagnosed with a left posterior rib contusion. In other words, a bruise.
X-rays were negative. He’s being called “day-to-day.”
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)