Jun 22, 2011, 10:21 PM EDT
Hunter laid on the ground for several moments before eventually walking off the field under his own power. He was spotted smiling as he entered the dugout and has apparently avoided a major injury.
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, Hunter has been diagnosed with a left posterior rib contusion. In other words, a bruise.
X-rays were negative. He’s being called “day-to-day.”
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (161)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)