Jun 22, 2011, 10:21 PM EDT
Hunter laid on the ground for several moments before eventually walking off the field under his own power. He was spotted smiling as he entered the dugout and has apparently avoided a major injury.
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, Hunter has been diagnosed with a left posterior rib contusion. In other words, a bruise.
X-rays were negative. He’s being called “day-to-day.”
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 50
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 101
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 75
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)