Jun 23, 2011, 8:46 AM EDT
It ended up not impacting the game, but this is a serious code violation: A Giants fan sitting along the left-field line at AT&T Park last night snagged a foul ball that Giants outfielder Cody Ross could have caught in the sixth inning. Here’s the play.
I love how the fan mouths the words “oh shucks!” — at least that’s what I think he said — as soon as he catches it, realizing the error of his ways.
But people: if you’re sitting along the lines, you interfere with the visiting team’s players if they come over for a ball. You do it subtly so you don’t look like a total ass, but you put some effort into messing with them. When your guy comes over, however, clear out. How hard is that?
Note: this does not apply to the gentleman in the Twins jersey who almost interfered with the ball. He was totally within his rights as a Twins fan in hostile territory to mess with Ross. That’s just a law of nature.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)