Jun 23, 2011, 8:46 AM EDT
It ended up not impacting the game, but this is a serious code violation: A Giants fan sitting along the left-field line at AT&T Park last night snagged a foul ball that Giants outfielder Cody Ross could have caught in the sixth inning. Here’s the play.
I love how the fan mouths the words “oh shucks!” — at least that’s what I think he said — as soon as he catches it, realizing the error of his ways.
But people: if you’re sitting along the lines, you interfere with the visiting team’s players if they come over for a ball. You do it subtly so you don’t look like a total ass, but you put some effort into messing with them. When your guy comes over, however, clear out. How hard is that?
Note: this does not apply to the gentleman in the Twins jersey who almost interfered with the ball. He was totally within his rights as a Twins fan in hostile territory to mess with Ross. That’s just a law of nature.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)