Jun 23, 2011, 8:46 AM EDT
It ended up not impacting the game, but this is a serious code violation: A Giants fan sitting along the left-field line at AT&T Park last night snagged a foul ball that Giants outfielder Cody Ross could have caught in the sixth inning. Here’s the play.
I love how the fan mouths the words “oh shucks!” — at least that’s what I think he said — as soon as he catches it, realizing the error of his ways.
But people: if you’re sitting along the lines, you interfere with the visiting team’s players if they come over for a ball. You do it subtly so you don’t look like a total ass, but you put some effort into messing with them. When your guy comes over, however, clear out. How hard is that?
Note: this does not apply to the gentleman in the Twins jersey who almost interfered with the ball. He was totally within his rights as a Twins fan in hostile territory to mess with Ross. That’s just a law of nature.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 25
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)