Jun 23, 2011, 8:46 AM EDT
It ended up not impacting the game, but this is a serious code violation: A Giants fan sitting along the left-field line at AT&T Park last night snagged a foul ball that Giants outfielder Cody Ross could have caught in the sixth inning. Here’s the play.
I love how the fan mouths the words “oh shucks!” — at least that’s what I think he said — as soon as he catches it, realizing the error of his ways.
But people: if you’re sitting along the lines, you interfere with the visiting team’s players if they come over for a ball. You do it subtly so you don’t look like a total ass, but you put some effort into messing with them. When your guy comes over, however, clear out. How hard is that?
Note: this does not apply to the gentleman in the Twins jersey who almost interfered with the ball. He was totally within his rights as a Twins fan in hostile territory to mess with Ross. That’s just a law of nature.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 40
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 30
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 191
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (191)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)