Bonus Twitter Questions!

Jun 23, 2011, 2:32 PM EDT

The Question

For reasons outside of my control — let’s just say the video feed for HBT Daily barfed on itself this morning — we weren’t able to get to all of your Twitter questions.  And I had some saved up for the video too!  Well, waste-not, want-not, I always say, so here’s what we would have gone with:

Q: True or False: Frank McCourt will no longer be the owner of the Dodgers on August 1.

False. Oh, he’ll say he is, and he’ll act in some sort of deluded manner in which he pretends he is, but MLB will be running the show, and I think that’s whether McCourt sues or not.

Q: You can have only one for the rest of your life: bourbon or pie?

This is all about substitute goods.  Would I suffer more by eating pie while drinking scotch because I have forsaken bourbon, or will I suffer more by drinking bourbon while trying to make due with cobbler?  I hope I never have to make such a Sophie’s Choice, but cobbler is pretty solid, folks. That’s all I’m sayin.’ Cobbler is pretty solid.

Q: What realistic moves do you see the Tigers making at or near the trade deadline?

They have a lot of spare bullpen arms and a need for a bat, so that’s something. There are so many teams that think they’re in it, however, that there will be way more buyers for offense than sellers at the deadline, I presume. In light of that, I wonder if they can do any better than a fourth outfielder type. Luke Scott at the toppermost, right?

Q: Thoughts on MLB.TV blackout policy?

To quote a wise man: If you can take a man’s life for the thoughts that’s in his head, then sit back in that chair and think it over, judge, one more time, and let `em shave off my hair and put me on that execution line.

Q: Noting that Maker’s Mark is the house pour; if you go higher shelf do you go Booker’s or Woodford Reserve?  Show your work.

I’m conflicted on the matter:

And yes, those are Hot Wheels cars in the Booker’s box, because yes, I let my son play with the empty Booker’s boxes. The little plastic cover combined with the wood box makes for great Hot Wheels ramps. And I’m sorry I only have a Woodford shirt, not a bottle, but those don’t last long around here when we have them.

1. Jonny 5 - Jun 23, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Your readers finally weirded Tiffany out enough she’s quit? I knew it!!! It was that damn Utley’s Hair I bet….

• Utley's Hair - Jun 23, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Yup…I made her quit…so she’d escape Craig’s Dungeon of Dorkitude…and come to mine. 8P

• Utley's Hair - Jun 23, 2011 at 3:12 PM

And I really mean dorkitude—see that 8P up there? Yeah…emoticon typo there…yup. How dorky is that? 8)

• Jonny 5 - Jun 23, 2011 at 3:39 PM

I thought 8P was some sort of dork signal I wasn’t yet aware of. The question still remains though. Will she be able to leave Craigs basement? I hear the level of dorkitude is so high it actually has a gravitational pull similar to that of a black hole. I don’t see how you could overcome this without an equal level of dorkitude.

2. acheron2112 - Jun 23, 2011 at 2:50 PM

I vote for Knob Creek, myself.

3. spudchukar - Jun 23, 2011 at 3:28 PM

While Marker’s Mark may be the house pour, Woodhouse reserve will commit you to the poor house.

4. tomrogers8120 - Jun 23, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Wild Turkey 101.

5. mattraw - Jun 23, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Cobbler’s way more than solid. It’s pie without pretense.

• Richard In Big D - Jun 23, 2011 at 7:39 PM

But pie, none the less. I’m afraid that if giving up pie is a requirement, cobbler would also have to be disallowed… Judges?

6. deathmonkey41 - Jun 23, 2011 at 5:17 PM

I’m a Ketel One man myself- don’t much care for the whiskey family or close relatives. As for Luke Scott going to the Tigers- wouldn’t that put them over the mullet quota?

7. goldensombrero3000 - Jun 23, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Listen to me everyone: Eagle Rare

Priced between Makers and Woodford but better than Woodford.

8. explodet - Jun 23, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Did Craig misread the first question or am I reading his answer wrong?

• Utley's Hair - Jun 23, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Yes. One of those choices, anyway.

• deathmonkey41 - Jun 23, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Maybe he’s had too much Maker’s Mark.

9. foreverchipper10 - Jun 24, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Craig, you make me want to create a Twiter account so I can ask you things.

Jackie Robinson Day is bittersweet