Jun 23, 2011, 2:32 PM EDT
For reasons outside of my control — let’s just say the video feed for HBT Daily barfed on itself this morning — we weren’t able to get to all of your Twitter questions. And I had some saved up for the video too! Well, waste-not, want-not, I always say, so here’s what we would have gone with:
Q: True or False: Frank McCourt will no longer be the owner of the Dodgers on August 1.
False. Oh, he’ll say he is, and he’ll act in some sort of deluded manner in which he pretends he is, but MLB will be running the show, and I think that’s whether McCourt sues or not.
Q: You can have only one for the rest of your life: bourbon or pie?
This is all about substitute goods. Would I suffer more by eating pie while drinking scotch because I have forsaken bourbon, or will I suffer more by drinking bourbon while trying to make due with cobbler? I hope I never have to make such a Sophie’s Choice, but cobbler is pretty solid, folks. That’s all I’m sayin.’ Cobbler is pretty solid.
Q: What realistic moves do you see the Tigers making at or near the trade deadline?
They have a lot of spare bullpen arms and a need for a bat, so that’s something. There are so many teams that think they’re in it, however, that there will be way more buyers for offense than sellers at the deadline, I presume. In light of that, I wonder if they can do any better than a fourth outfielder type. Luke Scott at the toppermost, right?
Q: Thoughts on MLB.TV blackout policy?
To quote a wise man: If you can take a man’s life for the thoughts that’s in his head, then sit back in that chair and think it over, judge, one more time, and let `em shave off my hair and put me on that execution line.
Q: Noting that Maker’s Mark is the house pour; if you go higher shelf do you go Booker’s or Woodford Reserve? Show your work.
I’m conflicted on the matter:
And yes, those are Hot Wheels cars in the Booker’s box, because yes, I let my son play with the empty Booker’s boxes. The little plastic cover combined with the wood box makes for great Hot Wheels ramps. And I’m sorry I only have a Woodford shirt, not a bottle, but those don’t last long around here when we have them.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 0
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)