Jun 23, 2011, 2:14 PM EST
You know what, I’m going to speak as a fan, not as a player. I definitely have to get my head out of my butt, pretty much. Simple as that. I have to stop these pathetic outings; they’re really pathetic. I just have to get it done, I have to find a way to go out there and be more aggressive, start making quality pitches, and start getting people out. Because it’s been really embarrassing this month, pretty much.
I like everything about that quote, from the fact that he actually said “butt” instead of something that needed censoring to his repeated use of “pretty much.”
Rodriguez blew his first save chance of the season back in April, converted 19 straight saves, and has now blown saves in back-to-back appearances. Yet for all the criticism he’s taken and for how critical of himself he is in that quote Rodriguez is actually having a very good season with a 3.34 ERA and 41/14 K/BB ratio in 35 innings, including seven straight outings without issuing a walk.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)