Jun 23, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Contreras was previously on the DL for five weeks beginning in late April and allowed six runs in six innings since returning, giving him a 3.86 ERA and 13/8 K/BB ratio in 14 innings overall this season.
Juan Perez has been called up from Triple-A to take Contreras’ place on the roster and in the bullpen, but the 32-year-old journeyman isn’t likely to be used as more than a middle man despite 41 strikeouts (and 21 walks) in 31 innings at Triple-A.
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 104
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 35
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 31
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)