Jun 23, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
Contreras was previously on the DL for five weeks beginning in late April and allowed six runs in six innings since returning, giving him a 3.86 ERA and 13/8 K/BB ratio in 14 innings overall this season.
Juan Perez has been called up from Triple-A to take Contreras’ place on the roster and in the bullpen, but the 32-year-old journeyman isn’t likely to be used as more than a middle man despite 41 strikeouts (and 21 walks) in 31 innings at Triple-A.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 0
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 70
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 47
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)