Jun 23, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
UPDATE: Holy schnikes! Jim Riggleman resigned right after the game.
Washington just beat Seattle 1-0, with a walkoff sac fly — the most exciting walkoff in all of baseball! — to win it. That’s a sweep of the Mariners. The most mind-boggling thing about it is that the sweep comes even though Mariners’ starters allowed a mere one earned run in 21 innings of work in the series. Talk about tough luck. Or being opportunistic. Or simply strange crap happening. Pick one, because they all apply.
Today’s win was the Nats’ 11th in their last 12 games. They’re a game over .500 and are easily playing their best baseball in years. Possibly their best baseball since coming down from Montreal.
Nats fever: catch it!
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights