Jun 23, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Inge, who inked a two-year, $11.5 million extension this offseason, hit just .211 with one homer and a .565 OPS in 52 games prior to being shut down.
He went 7-for-28 (.250) with two homers during a seven-game rehab stint at Triple-A and the Tigers were impressed enough with how the 34-year-old looked to cut the assignment short by at least one game.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)