Jun 23, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Inge, who inked a two-year, $11.5 million extension this offseason, hit just .211 with one homer and a .565 OPS in 52 games prior to being shut down.
He went 7-for-28 (.250) with two homers during a seven-game rehab stint at Triple-A and the Tigers were impressed enough with how the 34-year-old looked to cut the assignment short by at least one game.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12