Jun 24, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
When Derek Jeter went on the disabled list with his bum calf, there was a sense that he’d do his 15 days and then be ready to go when he was eligible to come off on June 29th. That target date is in doubt, however, reports George King of the New York Post, inasmuch as he has not resumed any baseball activities, which he had been reported to be on track to do earlier this week.
According to Brian Cashman, Jeter is still feeling some discomfort in his calf and is doing nothing but long toss. As has been repeatedly noted, calf injuries can be of a nagging sort, and this one appears to be nagging a bit.
- Rays play Saturday’s game against the Blue Jays under protest 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 33
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)