Jun 24, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
When Derek Jeter went on the disabled list with his bum calf, there was a sense that he’d do his 15 days and then be ready to go when he was eligible to come off on June 29th. That target date is in doubt, however, reports George King of the New York Post, inasmuch as he has not resumed any baseball activities, which he had been reported to be on track to do earlier this week.
According to Brian Cashman, Jeter is still feeling some discomfort in his calf and is doing nothing but long toss. As has been repeatedly noted, calf injuries can be of a nagging sort, and this one appears to be nagging a bit.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 32
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 64
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 116
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 107
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (116)