Jun 24, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
When Derek Jeter went on the disabled list with his bum calf, there was a sense that he’d do his 15 days and then be ready to go when he was eligible to come off on June 29th. That target date is in doubt, however, reports George King of the New York Post, inasmuch as he has not resumed any baseball activities, which he had been reported to be on track to do earlier this week.
According to Brian Cashman, Jeter is still feeling some discomfort in his calf and is doing nothing but long toss. As has been repeatedly noted, calf injuries can be of a nagging sort, and this one appears to be nagging a bit.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 31
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)