Jun 24, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
When Derek Jeter went on the disabled list with his bum calf, there was a sense that he’d do his 15 days and then be ready to go when he was eligible to come off on June 29th. That target date is in doubt, however, reports George King of the New York Post, inasmuch as he has not resumed any baseball activities, which he had been reported to be on track to do earlier this week.
According to Brian Cashman, Jeter is still feeling some discomfort in his calf and is doing nothing but long toss. As has been repeatedly noted, calf injuries can be of a nagging sort, and this one appears to be nagging a bit.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)