Jun 24, 2011, 12:46 PM EST
Fresh off winning the NBA title, Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki will experience the biggest moment of his sports career tonight when he throws out the first pitch at the Rangers-Mets game.
As you can see by the attached picture, Nowitzki threw out the first pitch at a Rangers game back in 2003, when he was 24 years old and the Mavericks went 60-22 under coach Don Nelson before losing to the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals.
Jon Rauch thinks he’s too tall to be a pitcher.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 13
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 63
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4