Jun 24, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Fresh off winning the NBA title, Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki will experience the biggest moment of his sports career tonight when he throws out the first pitch at the Rangers-Mets game.
As you can see by the attached picture, Nowitzki threw out the first pitch at a Rangers game back in 2003, when he was 24 years old and the Mavericks went 60-22 under coach Don Nelson before losing to the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals.
Jon Rauch thinks he’s too tall to be a pitcher.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 84
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 223
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (223)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)