Jun 24, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Fresh off winning the NBA title, Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki will experience the biggest moment of his sports career tonight when he throws out the first pitch at the Rangers-Mets game.
As you can see by the attached picture, Nowitzki threw out the first pitch at a Rangers game back in 2003, when he was 24 years old and the Mavericks went 60-22 under coach Don Nelson before losing to the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals.
Jon Rauch thinks he’s too tall to be a pitcher.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 123
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (123)