Jun 24, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Fresh off winning the NBA title, Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki will experience the biggest moment of his sports career tonight when he throws out the first pitch at the Rangers-Mets game.
As you can see by the attached picture, Nowitzki threw out the first pitch at a Rangers game back in 2003, when he was 24 years old and the Mavericks went 60-22 under coach Don Nelson before losing to the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals.
Jon Rauch thinks he’s too tall to be a pitcher.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11