Jun 24, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Fresh off winning the NBA title, Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki will experience the biggest moment of his sports career tonight when he throws out the first pitch at the Rangers-Mets game.
As you can see by the attached picture, Nowitzki threw out the first pitch at a Rangers game back in 2003, when he was 24 years old and the Mavericks went 60-22 under coach Don Nelson before losing to the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals.
Jon Rauch thinks he’s too tall to be a pitcher.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (119)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)